Monday, June 25, 2007

Our Big Sissy (Sister) Myrna

Michael TOM and I both grew up without an older sister. We didn't have an older sister to sneak into her room and read her diary while she was on her first date with someone who looked like David Cassidy or one of the guys from "Dukes of Hazzard"...
But that all changed when we met Myrna. It's pronounced murn-uh, but me and my country boy voice quickly changed it to mear-nuh. And since she loves us, she doesn't make me try to say it the right way.
Shortly after meeting Myrna, we felt a bond between us that was not like any other friends we had. We'd cry on each others shoulders, and seemed to always send "just the right e-mail" at "just the right time" to one another. Finally, I just started calling her "My Sissy", not because of a fear of hand soap, but like "My Sister" but remember I am a country boy and can't talk right. Michael TOM and I soon became her "kid brothers" and it didn't require signing one adoption paper or reading the others diary.
The above picture does kinda look as though I may be constipated, but I was actually just jet-lagged and was happy to see my sissy. And "Yes!", maybe just a tad sun-burned.



We both absolutely love this picture! Why? Cause we both look so thin! (Note: the goatee was colored prior to the picture being taken) The pretty lady with just one eye and white hair in the lower right-hand corner is Momi...Myrna's mom. We love her...she gives great hugs and didn't bat an eye when I demanded 35 years of back allowance. She did say a few choice words unsuitable for print, but did not bat an eye.

Sure wish I had Photoshop! It may only look like white teeth, but the white teeth on the left are mine, center belongs to Myrna, and on the right belong to my sweetie. Just had a disturbing thought...if Michael TOM and I are her kid brothers, and Michael and I just had our 1 year wedding anniversary, does that make us from Arkansas? I might be a country boy, but that's just so many levels of wrong!


Big Sissy Myrna and Lus. The picture doesn't show it, but Lus has angel wings. Lus knows just the right thing to say to make you feel better. And she also doesn't sugar-coat what she wants you to know. Love her! It was Lus who had me in stitches at Myrna's house not too long ago and turned my nose into a margarita dispenser during a particular laughing fit. But that's all gross, so I won't tell you about it.

Anyways, we love you Myrna...no matter how you pronounce it! We may not be brothers and sister by biology, but by God we are!

Now lets go take some more pictures where we look all skinny. And unconstipated.

1 comment:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

That is so neat! By the way, in my head I pronounce Myrna the same way you do. So we must say it right.