I know! I know! It's been like, what, almost a month since I last posted something? Please don't hate me and curse at me. I have cursed myself out and whipped myself with a cold, soggy, spaghetti noodle. After I got whipped, I decided to blame it on Michael TOM.
Michael TOM and I have been busy.
We've lived in our home for 4 years, and we decided very early on that we wouldn't do things to the house until we had the "feeling" and "knew for sure" what we were going to do. Rooms got painted one-by-one when we knew without a shadow of a doubt what gay color would look most fabulous on the wall. Our front flowerbed was dirt and sticks for almost 4 years before we decided whether we wanted a rock border, metal border, or wooden border. It was a very good plan because we didn't go into debt over our ears getting everything "just perfect" all at the same time. But that plan has bit us in the butt...in the past 2 months, we had several "feelings" and "knew for sure" ideas that did not have any shadow of doubts.
We found a stainless steel refrigerator we "knew for sure" we have to have.
We found just the right wood floors we had "feelings" for that our office and guest room just have to have.
We found a style and color of carpet for our master-bedroom and living-room that "spoke to us".
We decided on flagstone tiles for our front porch instead of plain concrete that will give us "just the right feeling".
We finally gave up on our broken down sliding door in the sitting room, and a french door at Home Depot "spoke to us".
Our side yard has been speaking to us asking for a nice winding flagstone pathway. I am trying not to listen to it. Wish some of the expensive projects would "speak to us" in Russian or German, so at least we wouldn't understand it and save some money.
We can't do it all at the same time, so we are taking little steps, all the while I am thinking about how much it'll cost and how long it will take to pay off the new items that "spoke to us" and gave us "feelings".
After being okay with the long list of projects and knowing that after the list is done, we will be so happy and able to pay it all off before another "feeling" befalls upon us...or so I thought.
Last night Michael TOM decided we need a pool. Damn "feelings" can just go to hell.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Come to our house. I "feel" like you should fix it up.
Yeah, I have a lot of expensive "feelings" but Aaron won't let me go there. Sounds like you guys are having fun fixing up the house. Who's turn is it for the family get-together?
If Michael gets me the pool, we could have had it at our place...but we need to win the lottery first.
Good luck on the lottery. My Mom has been playing the lotto for years and hasn't won yet!
Post a Comment