Why, you may ask, am I telling you about Poppy and his language? Cause the following picture was taken yesterday during the "installing the french door" experience. Look closely at my mouth. Poppy had taken possession of my tongue and I was in the middle of 6-7 curse words in a row when Michael TOM took this picture:
Michael TOM and I push the new door into place, check to see that it is level, which it was, and then pushed the doors closed to see how beautiful it was. The doors would not shut. Neither of us could figure out what was wrong to make it not fit. It was like the doors were too big for the frame and we would have to shave about an inch off the side of one of the doors to get them to close. Several more "Poppy Sentences" were shared with anyone and everyone within shouting distance. This never happens on HGTV or on that show "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" when they do it.
Did it get any worse, you ask? Not just yes, but #$%@^ yes!!! Look at this next picture closely. Notice the 2-3 inch gap above the door? There isn't supposed to be any gap.
Boy, I spoke every curse word Poppy taught me and even made up some of my own. At this moment in time, I threw my hands in the air, called the store I bought it from and asked if someone could come to our house and finish installing it TODAY!!! After the friendly associate finished laughing, he said "no" but suggested I buy a smaller door. I do believe I blacked out at that moment, I am still unsure if Poppy took over my vocal cords and spoke some words of ignorance to the kid on the other end of the phone before I hung up.
Michael TOM called his father and within 5 minutes had a confirmed appointment with their handyman who would come over first thing this morning.
Ruben, the angel sent from "home-improvement" heaven, rang our doorbell at 9am. Three hours later, our door was perfectly in place with no gaps anywhere around it. Ruben never once asked what the hell I was thinking when I put in the door, and for that I gave him a little extra money.
But Ruben did say 27 "Poppy Sentences" before he was finished.
12 comments:
Oh my gosh! I just wanted to make note that I did mow the lawn after the pictures were taken! We just had too much rain and the grass grew really tall.
@#$%%$#@ I am so proud of you....
Poppy cussed? Really? I just thought those were sentence enhancers. Well @#!$&.
Oh, by the way, congratulations on getting your door put in the "Hayes Way". You make your dad proud. Uh...we were going to ask you to put a french door in for us, but, well....never mind.
Hey, at least all of your *&@#*$ got your french doors installed. You did a great job! Can't wait to hear about your next project.
Mom, I would love to install french doors for you. I will only charge you $1,500,000.00 per door. If that's too much, well #$%#$ find someone else.
We love our new doors and thinner wallets.
Yep, you take afer your Mother's side. My side doesn't swear.
Not at all.
Never.
And certainly not while doing piddley little %@#&*(*&-%$#@%$ handyman jobs.
I about bust a gut reading your post and all the follow on comments. I too suffer from actute poppyitis with symptoms that coincide with &$!*$# household repairs.
Bunch of cussers. I never say bad words. In fact, the other day I hurt my finger and the words "flying doggies" came out of my mouth. I swear! Ask Rob!
"flying doggies", yep, you have some of your Mother's blood. Aren't those two of the seven words you can't say on the air?
You're saying, "Fart" right? That's definitely what you're saying. Cause it couldn't possibly be any other F word... Right?
Oh, Fuuuuddddggggeeeee....!
Post a Comment