Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Kelly!

Today is my youngest sisters birthday! Hope she has a wild and crazy time!

This picture was taken on a recent family outing. That serpent around her neck was evil and caused her big brother to scream and run inside and soil his britches. Guess she thought she was doing the "Brittany-Spears-with-the-snake-around-her-neck" type of thing. Keep trying Kelly.

Yea, Kelly likes to smell toes. When she was a little girl, she would crawl up to people and clean between their toes. We had to keep a leash on her at church so she wouldn't crawl up to the fat lady playing the organ and try to clean the toes that the fat lady hadn't seen in years. I'm just kidding. We didn't put her on a leash...we duct-taped her to the pew.



Here is Kelly and her 3 boys...husband Travis being one of them. She can sure pop out some cute kids! Cute kids with the cleanest feet ever.

Kelly always had really long hair growing up. It was past her butt and her "hair-stylist-not-yet-gay" brother loved brushing it and styling it. I would do side ponytails, do this weird wrap thing to make it look short, and put braids all over her head...that type of thing. We decided to apply some make-up one day to complete the make-over transformation. (Notice how I say "we"...makes me not totally at fault) Well, I couldn't find Moms Estee Lauder or Clinique, so I improvised. I used markers from a marker set I had gotten for Christmas. Kelly had the prettiest shade of blue eyelids that smelled like blueberries! And I think it lasted for a couple of days. Mom didn't think the transformation was too good, and I lost my markers. Kelly didn't care, but then again, she wasn't old enough to really start talking.

So, for her birthday this year, I am considering buying a big ol' box of Sharpee markers in various colors (I don't know if she is a Fall or Spring on the color-wheel) and some toe-nail clippers. Aren't I just the best older brother a girl could be stuck with?

Happy Birthday Kelly! I love you and your shiney feet. And for old times sake, I'll braid what is left of your hair and let you wash my feet. No need to express how much I am your favorite older brother...I already know.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You're the best, Michael!!! Thank you for your phone call, sorry I didn't get to talk to you today!!!! Just know I love you and can't wait for you to braid my hair...

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that Kelly's neck has been kinda scaley every since that picture was taken of her with the snake...