I took a couple days vacation and decided to do some projects around the house. Plus, I couldn't think of any "confessions" stories from my childhood that would make my mother take a nerve pill, call a therapist and ask "now where did I go wrong?" Suppose I could tell the story of the wild party that we had at the rental home in Hurst where our elderly couple next door saw a girl streaking across their yard. No...I'll save that until after I get my Christmas present from Mom and Dad.
Remember me mentioning that Michael TOM and I had certain "feelings" about a new refrigerator. Well, I said absolutely not. No way in hell am I going to charge up a new refrigerator. I am putting my foot down! No, Michael TOM, we are not getting a new refrigerator until the other one completely dies.
Here is our new refrigerator:
We have these bushes that grow along the side of our home, along the side that we never look at, so those bushes get freaky ugly when they don't get a good trim. Well, I've been wanting to cut those ugly bushes to the ground. They look like retarded dusty green butts sticking out of the ground. And the new growth on them grow out like hair plugs. Okay, now you've got the image of a retarded dusty green butt with hair plugs in your mental image. Imagine having to live with it every day on the side of your home! Michael TOM doesn't want to cut our growing butts down, but "try" to trim our butt bushes better. Little does he know I am borrowing a chainsaw from a friend of ours and the local landfill will be blessed with a heap of dusty butt bushes on my next vacation! Now, don't worry...there will be a post with pictures of the "Death of the Dusty Butt Bushes", but until then, I just want ya'll to keep that disturbing mental image you have right now.
I decided to also finish a project I started back in June. We thought that our "plain white doors" on the interior of our home just didn't have enough pizazz...pop...gayness to it, if you will. So, we went off to Home Depot and bought some trim to line the inside of the doors in. I took a picture of one of the doors to help show ya'll what exactly gay thing we did to it.
The door will eventually be painted all white after the wood trim gets primed. Which, knowing how fast I work, won't be done until around Thanksgiving when Michael TOM threatens to leave me if I don't finally finish the doors.
Oh, and UL wanted to see a picture of a "finished project" that Michael TOM and I did. Here is a picture of our new french door once everything got painted: We absolutely love our new door! Painting around it in the brown color of the wall was not fun. I choose to blame Michael TOM for us not keeping a little bit of the paint when we originally painted the wall. It's also going to be his fault that we didn't write down the name "Sherwin Williams" called it. (Do you know exactly how many freakin' shades of brown there are?) Long story short...we ended up having to paint the entire wall. Their "custom color matching" is a load of crap. The touch-ups stuck out like a prostitute in a sea of church ladies!
Suppose I better get this post finished. Got to go turn the hose on a couple of people outside holding a candle-light vigil and chanting "Post A Blog Update"...
Oh, and Mom if you are worried about the girl streakin' across the neighbors yard, I told my sister I would never tell on her. NEVER!
8 comments:
Kelly streaked? It wasn't me, I know that for sure. I don't think.
ahhhhh.... nice pics... like to see the finished project... now are there little hand prints on the bottom left glass? Not sure but it is hard to see the new swiming pool in the back yard....
I think you'd better be telling a whopper, Michael. If you're not, then SOMEBODY better do some explaining, and I mean NOW! Sheesh, you think you came through raising your kids pretty good, but then you find out all the stinking stuff they did and you didn't even have a clue about. The only thing I confessed to my Mom about after I grew up was that it we me that cracked the glass that broke when Larry had it and he got blamed for it, but she didn't get after him anyway, so I could have told her I did it in the first place. Where are my stupid nerve pills...they gotta be here somewhere...oh, wait, I don't have any, 'cause I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS GOING TO NEED THEM.
Thank you Uncle Larry, I need all the help getting Michael to understand how important it would be to the home with a new pool in the backyard! Maybe in the next year or two, but if Michael has anything to say about...it will be never. He has suggested going to Walmart and buying me one of those blow up ones.
Don't worry Mom. It was Grandma.
Just kidding!! It was an old roommate of mine when we were renting the house in Hurst from ya'll. I just wanted to get the sisters all worried.
Oh....well....okay, then. What kind of party were you having??? Never mind, I really don't want to know.
I found out from Aaron that he and Howie used to drive home from work in the middle of the night with their lights off amd on the wrong side of the road. Now I read about parties with nekked girls.
I'm glad at least two of you turned out OK...
It wasn't Michael's party that I streaked at. That was a kegger at the Y.
Post a Comment