Monday, October 15, 2007

Life Walk 2007

Yesterday, Michael TOM and I were lucky enough to do the 5K Life Walk with some family and great friends. It was a fundraising event for AIDS and was a whole lot of fun. The weather was really nice, which I was nervous that it would be typical Texas weather...either rainy, nasty hot, or colder than a cast-iron toilet seat on the shady side of an igloo. It turned out to be in the 70's to mid-80's. Oh, and when you got there, they had free iced-coffee from Starbucks! Definitely worth it.



Here we are just after we started walking. Notice how we are all standing straight up. I wish we had one of the finish-line. People were slouching and some running to the bathroom to relieve their bladders. No potty breaks on the walk!




Big-Sister Myrna, Vicky, freshly-colored goatee Me, Linda, Sandy, and Michael TOM...and the "Popular-Blow-Up-Ball" that was a gift at registration. People were throwing it back from the top of the line and everyone tried to keep it from touching the ground. I volleyed the balls a couple of times, and one of them hit a passing Mercedes. Snobby Mercedes drivers don't like getting their cars hit with blow-up balls. One of the many lessons learned yesterday.


After having burned all those calories, what a better way to celebrate than to eat some fattening mexican food and enjoy a margarita...or two. That is Michael TOM's sister, Tracy, in-between us. She needed "favorite-brother-in-law-Michael" to show her the right way to drink a margarita. It took me 2 margarita's to let her know the proper way of sipping one thru a straw. (If anyone out there is in need of assistance with the proper way of drinking a frozen margarita, I will make a sacrifice and teach you. You will be responsible for supplying the margaritas. Lessons are not free or cheap.)


The Aids Life Walk was such a great experience! Michael TOM and I raised over $500 for the fund-raiser, and next year we hope to double it! I am also going to practice before then to get a better and faster "spike-hit" so my blow-up beach balls will leave dents in the Mercedes. I may even try for a Jaguar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to my better half for having to wear a cheap t-shirt, but most of all for supporting me. It was a great day, and I felt blessed that I was able to complete the walk. Again, "123...Always" to my Michael!

Anonymous said...

I also wish to "Thank" my baby sister Tracy, and some dear friends (Linda, Sandy, Myrna & Vicky) who were all able to walk with us.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun doing something important...not the margarita lessons, Michael, I'm talking about the walk you guys did. You had good weather and good friends and family to do it with, what could be better? A CURE!

Tammie said...

Glad you guys had a great time.