Yesterday we had a special get-together to celebrate Mama Rose's 60th birthday!
Like all get-togethers at our home, we decided to start around 1:30 in the afternoon. The first to arrive showed up at 1:45...and Michael TOM is one of those who likes punctuality and points out how he is "never" late to anyone who is not on time. My sister-in-law, Melissa, keeps beating the "All-Time Record" for tardiness. She pulled into the driveway shortly before 3:00...and she was bringing the chicken we were grilling, so there was no starting without her! We've decided to tell her that Thanksgiving is on Wednesday evening, that way we can eat the Thanksgiving feast on Thursday around noon.
Everyone had a great time eating grilled chicken, pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes, and other of Mama Rose's favorite foods. It was so good, someone (who will remain nameless) belched in total approval. (No, it wasn't me or any other male... but I was impressed.)
For dessert, I was locked in the kitchen the night before and forced to make a cake or suffer from 47 lashings with a leather-braided belt. It was a yummy "Strawberry Poke Cake" with Cool-Whip frosting. Very low in fat and calories...until eaten. Then it's somewhat fatty and somewhat packed with calories.
With a belly full of good food and the echo of the loud belch still lingering in the air, we decided to go outside for some pictures. Michael TOM was trying his darndest to get our nieces to smile and laugh for his camera, but the smiles were very forced and the faces all looked like we shocked them by opening the door while they were sitting in a bathroom stall.
That's when I decided I could get them to smile.
I went behind my sweet and forgiving partner and pulled his pants down.
After I ran out of breath, Michael TOM caught up to me and popped me one on the bald spot of my head...okay...one of the bald spots. The laughter continued throughout the remainder of the picture taking, and even if I wasn't allowed into the house the rest of the evening, we did get a couple good pictures.
Here is "Farmer Joe", "Chunky Monkey Josh", "Mama Rose", "Gonna-Make-Mama-Rose-A-Great-Grandmother-In-6-Months Stephanie", "Take-Me-Drunk-I'm-Home Kristina", and "Sleeping-While-Smiling Melynda".
Yup, you read that right! Next year, there will be a new baby in the mix! Our niece Stephanie is expecting. We are all excited and know that she will be a great mother. Michael TOM and I think the baby should be named Michael...after her favorite Uncle Michael (me).
Kristina also just turned 21 and we wished her a happy and sober birthday. At least it was a happy birthday, if not a sober one.
Oh, and Melissa, you better not be late to Thanksgiving dinner. Otherwise I will tell everyone it was you who shook the shingles off the roof with your belching.
See you promptly at noon on Thanksgiving day.
Happy Birthday Mama Rose! Love you and wish you nothing but the best in the year to come!
Yup, you read that right! Next year, there will be a new baby in the mix! Our niece Stephanie is expecting. We are all excited and know that she will be a great mother. Michael TOM and I think the baby should be named Michael...after her favorite Uncle Michael (me).
Kristina also just turned 21 and we wished her a happy and sober birthday. At least it was a happy birthday, if not a sober one.
Oh, and Melissa, you better not be late to Thanksgiving dinner. Otherwise I will tell everyone it was you who shook the shingles off the roof with your belching.
See you promptly at noon on Thanksgiving day.
Happy Birthday Mama Rose! Love you and wish you nothing but the best in the year to come!
4 comments:
Oh, you made me laugh! Great pictures but I will warn Chrissy to not let you get behind her when she's taking pictures. Happy birthday, Mama Rose! She makes 60 look good! Sure glad I'm not 60, though...I can feel it coming, dang!
Yep, your mom is two years older than me.... so it will be two more years before I will be 60....
You could hear my burp all the way over at your house?!?
Happy birthday, Rose!
Remember kids, ul lies like a rug.
Post a Comment