I got zits from all the stress.
I don't do zits. But luckily I had some old cover-up that was close to my skin color. The party turned out wonderful, even if my name should have been changed to "mayonnaise face" and I chewed every nail on my left hand.
We got a 6-foot Subway Sandwich, lots of chips, dressed up potato salad (Recipe: go to Wal-Mart, buy their potato salad, add chopped celery, and place in a bowl from your kitchen...fools even the toughest critic), and a metal tub filled with every soda imaginable...except for Diet Cherry Vanilla Chocolate Blueberry and Oregano Dr Pepper.
Everyone hid in Dad's clinic. About 25 to 30 of Mom's closest friends with their families showed up! Mom was having a very bad day and needed sugar or a stiff drink when she got to the clinic with Dad. Dad played it off that they were going out to eat, but needed to go to the clinic to do something "very important." She was going towards the front door when the lights went on, people screamed "Surprise" and Mom soiled her Depends. Just kidding! It was Wal-Mart Brand, cause Depends cost too much.
These were some cool napkins we got for the party. You know it's a good party when there is no cake leftover, very little "dressed up" potato salad to throw away, and people ask if they can take napkins home!
Kelly screamed out, "Everyone do the Hayes tilt" right before the picture was taken and we all tilted our head to one side. All of us tend to tilt our heads whenever we have pictures. There just isn't something right with us.
It wasn't easy getting this "Surprise Party" planned, but seeing how happy it made Mom feel, sure made it worth it. She never once commented on my zitty face, tried to corner me to pop one, nor asked why I was wearing coverup make-up.
Perhaps all those years of trying on Moms make-up as a kid paid off.
Happy Birthday Mommy!! I love you very much, and though I swore I would never offer to plan another birthday party, if you asked me very nicely and gave me money, I would do it. Lots of money.
Lots.
7 comments:
You KNOW I didn't know a thing about this surprise party because I didn't have a speck of make-up on and had on dirty clothes (grandkids slobbering, snotting, and "other" things on me all day caused that - they were clean that morning, honest!). And, unfortunately, I still had a hole in my head from having a tooth pulled earlier in the week...went to the dentist today and got that fixed. In other words, great pictures of an old woman turning 60, thank-you-very-much!!! Loved the party, loved the people that came, loved having all my kids there, but was sad that Tammie, Eric, Travis and Michael Tom weren't able to be there, too. You would have got to see me in my new car!!!!!!!!!!! That was a surprise, too. Over-all it was a great birthday...oh, wait! My birthday isn't until Thursday. I wonder what Gaylen's going to get me for my "real" birthday...hee-hee-hee. THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!!
Sorry, that I was not able to attend your "Queen for the Night" celebration. You know, had I not been under the weather...I would have been the one crowning you and giving up my title. I am so blesssed that I am able to call you my 2nd mother, know that "I love you very much" & "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"
Awwwww....thank you, Michael "Tom". And, thank you for letting me wear the crown. The boa's were a tad hot to wear, but it was fun having my picture taken with them. Hope you're feeling much better and back to normal soon. Love ya!
To my older sister...
Happy Birthday.....
I look as good as you do when I get to your age....
Love Ya
Big Bro
ul - could you please explain the sentence you wrote...it's kinda like you are...CONFUSED!!!
No ice cream for me, thank you....
You did a great job putting this together Michael. It all came together woderfully and I couldn't even tell you had make-up on.
Post a Comment