I was looking forward to posting a blog yesterday, but the computer went completely down and wouldn’t let me do anything. So…I ended up doing work. (SIGH) The sacrifices we must make while on the company clock.
For the past month, our computer at home has taken a turn for the worse. At first, the lovely overpriced piece of metal was slow. Eventually, it became necessary to shut down and restart completely to access internet sites. No, not nasty sites! Banking sites, credit card sites, and nude midget mud wrestling sites. The normal stuff.
After putting up with only being able to access the internet for 10 minute intervals, it decided it no longer liked displaying a clear picture and would no longer display the mouse. Do you know how hard it is to work a computer without a mouse? I felt like I was using a Commodore 64 with a TSR-80 modem with an Atari joystick.
Michael listened to my complaining about the slow death of our computer on a regular basis. There was a championship nude midget mud wrestling competition being broadcasted live and without proper viewership, it may never happen again. We had to have a working computer…and fast! So, with the help of our adopted older sister who works for Hewlett Packard (will save the story of having an “adopted older sister” for a later post. Don’t want to stress Mom out too much…apparently she found out I was gay from this blog) we shopped around for a new computer. It is now in our office at home just waiting to be put together. And we splurged and are going to actually give up the old “dial-up” internet access for “high-speed” access. Our old computer will be put to rest in an unmarked grave or donated to science.
Once our new computer is all set up, I will be posting pictures on this site all the time. That should keep the family happy. I’ll be posting pictures of our ceremony, honeymoon, nieces and nephews, friends and family, but most important…my prized picture of me and Zena-The-Two-Foot-Tall-Warrior-Of-Terror taken at the mud wrestling championship!
Don’t be jealous.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you're finally getting a new computer. I have a love/hate relationship with our computer. I love it when it works and hate it when it decides to do weird things right in the middle of something very important. Emily is here this week and she likes to push the button with the pretty blue light, which turns the computer off. She's done it more than once...good thing she's so cute!
Yay! You're getting rid of the antique!
It was about time...he (excuse me mom/dad) _itched everytime he got on the computer to pay his bills or search for nude midget sites. But, I still 123 him always!
Post a Comment