It is amazing how starting up a blog can be such a learning experience. In talking to my Mom last night, she advised she wasn’t able to post comments on the blog. Which would not make me a favorite child, and not popular. With the same tone of voice she gave to me as a lazy preteen that the trash needed to be taken out for the 15th time today or no “Dukes of Hazzard” on Friday night, she told me to get it fixed. So, I did after frumping and mumbling under my breath that Dan Russ’s parents didn’t make him do it. Hope everyone is happy…I would love to get comments from everyone.
For those of you that didn’t know, I have been in a weight-loss competition with some friends of mine from church. We started it in January, and this past weekend was the “final weigh-in” at Myrna’s house. Long story short, we set a goal of how much we wanted to lose in a 2 month time period. If you didn’t lose your goal weight-loss, you had to pay $200 which would be divided amongst the winners who did lose their goal weight. Myrna’s scale is cursed saying I weighed an unGodly amount in January. My goal was 5 pounds until Michael chimed in that I would lose 15 pounds. Gotta love him…
I have been eating better, working out 3-5 times a week, and drinking a lot of water. My toilets have never been used so much. The scale at home on Friday evening said I lost 12 pounds, the scale at the gym (less cursed but equally as mean as Myrna’s) said I lost about 16 to 17 pounds. So, on Saturday morning I ate a sensible breakfast, (Eggbeaters – 60 calories) worked out with extra cardio exercises (Exercycle with wobbly seat – 350 calories), and worked in the yard for about 4 hours (sweaty, stink and dirty – 300 calories). I was starved at 3:00, and wanted to eat McDonalds out of business, but had a cup of sodium-free chicken broth instead (nasty-yellow-looks-like-urine soup – 20 calories). When I got to Myrna’s that evening, I had bitten off Michael’s head, and chewed a couple of peoples butts (Biting heads and chewing butts – 0 calories). I get on the evil scale (would’ve done it nude, but couldn’t afford to spend the night in jail) and it starts beeping and displaying a bunch of different numbers until it slows down to my actual weight. I lost a total of 26 pounds!!!! The evil scale and I have made friends. Of the 7 friends in the competition, 7 lost their goal weight.
Losers paying $200 – none
Amount of money I got to go home with – none
Taste of the double-cheese burger and onion rings eaten after the party - priceless
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Am I reading your Dad's web page?
Way to go, Michael!!
Thank you for fixing it so I can make comments. I find blogs so revealing. I'm finding things out about my children that I never knew...for instance...you're GAY!!! I had no idea! Ha!
That's a good picture of you and Michael Tom. Where are the pictures of Lola and Patches? Must include pictures of the WHOLE family.
By the way, I found your 26 pounds and I'm willing to give it back to you, asap.
Post a Comment