Friday, March 16, 2007

The Michael's

I thought it might be nice to show a picture of Michael and I. I know, “My, it looks like Tim McGraw and George Stephanopoulos!” We get that all the time. Okay, never. I’m an awful liar.

It was taken at a Thanksgiving Get-Together. I am the one with an overwhelming amount of grey hair on the chin. I am pleased with the picture because I look thin. It’s always a good picture if I look thin. If there is even a remote shadow that looks like double chin, the picture is to be deleted/burned/shredded or buried. Sick issue I seem to have. My Michael always looks good. Even the pictures where one eye is closed and his facial expression looks like he bit into a lemon while sniffing a After-A-Turkey-Dinner-Fart.

Since this picture was taken, Michael has gained some weight, and I’ve lost some. The goatee got to experience the thrill of “Just For Men” beard coloring. Let me explain a little about my “coloring experience.” Sit back and enjoy...

Light Brown is what the box indicated. They must have some color-blind people mixing the colors in their factory. 5 minutes after applying the carefully mixed gel on my goatee, it was a lovely shade of black. Not dark brown…black. Went real well with my light brown eyebrows. I considered for a second trying to color my eyebrows to match, but knowing the luck I was having they’d turn red and my eyelashes would accidentally get gel on them and burn off.

Did I shave it off? No. My sweetie said it looked “nice” while he held back a guttural laugh. I prayed really hard that it would fade, which in a couple of days it did. But not evenly. Left side had a grey spot, middle was dark brown, and right side was brown with “grey roots” starting to come out.
Was that enough to make me shave it off? No. I got the “Just For Men” box out of the bottom of the trash can and colored it again…

Whomever said that vanity is stupid must have tried coloring their goatee?

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Too funny. I really think you should've gone blond. So when are we going to see pictures of your Florida vacation? We hope you guys had fun.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

That's funny! I don't think you need to dye your facial hair at all. So stop it.