Oh! The pressure to be like everyone else! I thought I was over it all when I graduated highschool and moved out and onto my own. But, now at the age of 35, I still feel the pressure to be like everyone else. All my brothers and sisters have a blogsite of their own, and I got tired of being pressured to try it.
“Come on. Everybody’s doing it! You’ll be popular. I’ll be your bestest friend. Mommy only loves those who blog.”
I can only handle so much peer pressure before I lose my mind. The hair is gone, can’t afford to lose the mind.
I’d like to say that I handle peer pressure fairly well, but upon thinking more about it, I suck at it. Of all my brothers and sisters (2 brothers and 2 sisters…no, we’re not Catholic…Mormon) I was the only one who drank, smoked, got tattooed, and dressed as a member of the opposite sex. Wait, I do have a younger brother who does like stilletto’s…
So, I hope everyone is happy now. I’ve tried it. It’s kinda scary. Hope I’m your bestest-most-popular friend now.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness...now he will be in charge of this!
I've seen this sad tale before, first it's a small computer, "Everyone has one, its just for games. There's no harm". Soon that isn't enough, you try emails and for awhile you think you are on top of the world,,,until someone introduces you to instant messages, now you can't get out. There is nowhere to go so you turn to blogs hoping that someone somewhere is reading. Where, oh, where will it end, in some dark alley trying to get some stranger to host your website??.........
Have you seen mine www.hayesclinic.com ?
Yay! Finally! I knew you'd cave. This will be fun!
Post a Comment