Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Introduction to Nicholas, Carter, and Eric

Here are my older brothers three handsome young boys. Look a lot like Favorite Uncle Michael...don't they? Don't they?

Carter is on the left with the green hat on. He is four years old and quite the talker. He is the second born, a deep thinker, and takes instructions the same as most may take suggestions. Very independent minded...hmm, I was the second child and see a lot of similarities. (Message to Carter's Dad from Favorite Uncle Michael: hide the matches, don't rule him out as the bed-wetter when it is someone elses bed, and buy him Lego's.)

Nicholas is the handsome one in the middle with the blue cap on his head. Nick (as he prefers to be called by his Favorite Uncle Michael) may only be eight years old right now, but is a future NFL, NHL, NBA, Soccer, and Tae-Kwan-Do All-Star. This kid excels at everything! He's a pro at any sport he decides to partake in. I am planning on building him a 50 foot long by 8 foot high shelfing system for all his tropheys he will soon be collecting. When he got glasses, I was nervous what the kids might say in his class, but when a kid asked him why he got glasses, his response was, "So I can see...duh." Ahhh...another I've influenced well.

Eric is the young-un on the right teaching his two older brothers the ins and outs of playing the Nintendo Game. Eric is nine months old and smiles a lot! He's got the cutest smile and wins the affection of any person he comes in contact with. The meanest truck driver with tattoos of skull and crossbones all over his arms with a beard down to his man-boobs that will snarl, say a dirty word while spitting tobacco, will crumble under Eric's smile and crack a smile showing his black teeth, while saying "coochie-coo"... Trust me!

Hey babe, what'cha say we go and share a Juicy Juice and I flex my muscles for ya?

Carter and his "Not-My-Girlfriend." She's sure a cute "not-your-girlfriend." I wasn't there when this picture was taken, but I just know that he was telling her how cool Favorite Uncle Michael is. I just know it.

Can't see the sign, but it says "Not responsible for cleaning up the puke"

Caught you!!!! I heard it! You smiled and were saying stuff like "Awww!", "What a cutie!", "Coochie Coo!" Told ya.

One of our favorite pictures of Carter, Nicholas and Corgan taken this past Christmas in one of those "Pop Tents" that they all loved. Kids have it too easy today, what with a "Five-Seconds-And-It's-Ready" Playhouse. My big brother Aaron and I thought it was cool, but not near as cool as the tents we made as kids on Grandpa and Grandma Hayes's back deck with black landscape plastic, queen-sized bed sheets, lots of hand-sewn antique quilts, handful of nails and a cardtable. It only took 2 days to build, but was our "Five-Seconds-And-It's-Gone" Playhouse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I have the cutest grandkids! One problem, you said Eric instead of Nick in the last picture. Just thought I'd point that out to ya!

Jason said...

Yes it is true... the 3rd boy in the family has the best smile. It's tradition.

Michael said...

Fixed it Mom!

Yea, Jason...you're right. Only let's hope he's lucky enough to have PRETTY teeth. (grin)

Love ya!