It seems that almost all my siblings are filling out these surveys on their blogs, and I have been tagged. That totally sucks. Like I would ever do that to any of them... And since I am such a great guy, I suppose I will fill them out and give everyone a smile, chuckle, laugh, or I.B.S.
The "Senior Year of High School Survey"
Remember your senior year of high school? I'm sure some of you remember. Well, this was a fun questionnaire to fill out, so enjoy. I'd love to see your answers!
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes. Ami Bell…until she wouldn’t grow out her hair out for me.
2. Did you win anything in Senior's Who's Who? Uh…no. Never made it to that page. “Most Likely To Go Bald” was not a category. Otherwise I would have won hands down!
3. What kind of car did you drive? Ugly Sky-Blue Buick Skylark. Built in 1980. 8-Track Player. Ugly upholstery with little shapes of Texas in it.
4. It's Friday night...where r u? Helping repair homes for the elderly, preparing meals for the homeless, and creating world peace. Just kidding. Actually I was probably cruising and causing havoc with my best friends Zac Mendoza or Mina Mongelia in my ugly car.
5. Were you a party animal? Due to the fact my mother reads this blog, my answer is “No.” I was invited to several parties, and went to some, but always felt weird at the parties.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Yes…only if the girl had long pretty hair.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No. They were the people me and my gang of snobs would pick on.
8. Were you a nerd? More like a snob. Thought I was really cool, when I probably actually wasn’t.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Should have, but since I was able to make myself cry, I was able to get out of some trouble. Was able to get a passing grade on a test in World Geography when I actually should have gotten a “F” but those tears worked.
10. Can you sing the fight song? No. But I remember that we would hold up our index finger on our right hand while it played. The last line was “Go! Fight! Win!” Should have been “Dumb! Finger! Stuck!”
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Don’t remember that many of their names, but I did like my English teacher because she thought the s-word that rhymes with “sit” wasn’t a bad word.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? Taco Bell on Brown Trail Road in Bedford, Texas. They had a smoking section for the cool smokers. But since my mom is reading this, I never sat with them. I sat with the Nerd Herd and we wrote poetry and drew pictures of flying dragons. Yup.
13.What was your school's full name? Lawrence Dale Bell High School aka L.D. Bell
14. School mascot? Blue Raiders
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Yes. With a girl named Tracey. She had long hair and was going to grow it out for me. I was in love.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yes. I would be nicer to people and try not to make fun of the gay people. And I would be in more student organizations. And not make fun of the gay people. And drive a nicer car. And not make fun of the gay people.
17.What do you remember most about graduation? My friend Carie Ann was next to me and it was so hot, her mascara and blue eye-liner was all under her eyes and on her cheeks. And I never told her. Just pointed and laughed behind her back.
18. Where did you go senior skip day? Had to go to school. The student organization I was in had a meeting that day, and I was one of the council members, so it would have looked bad.
19 Were you in any clubs? Yes! T.A.F.E. (Texas Association of Future Educators) I was the treasurer.
20. Have u gained some weight since then? Gained and lost. Gained back. Then lost it. Gained it all back, and lost some.
21. Who was your Senior prom date? Another girl named Amy. She had long hair and was going to grow her bangs out for me. She loved me. But we broke up about 3 weeks before prom, but since she worked at a tuxedo shop and I could get my tux for free, I took her anyways.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I did go to my 10 year reunion. It was a total blast! The highlight of the entire reunion was when April was hitting on me. I had a crush on her for a long time (maybe 3 ½ weeks) during our senior year and she was absolutely gorgeous at the reunion! She had found a great plastic surgeon. But, by then I already knew I was WAY GAY and she was just 10 years too late. Sorry April!
23. Who was your home room teacher? Don’t remember her name, but she had frizzy dark hair and would try and put it in a ponytail. But her hair was short layers, so only a couple strands fit in the rubber-band. Always wish I had had the courage to go up to her and give her a make-over.
24. Do you still talk to people from school? Did for a long time, but lost track of them all about 7 years ago. But I did run into Ami Bell (see question 1) recently. It was at a grocery store. Her hair was even shorter. I didn’t talk to her. Some habits are hard to break.
Guess I better call my mom and apologize for her finding out “more” of what her “model-child” did when he was seventeen.
Say a prayer for me that she doesn’t ground me, take away the phone privileges, and not let me watch “21 Jump Street” or take away my "Milli Vanilli" tape.
The "All About My Hubby Survey"
This ought to be interesting...
What is his name? Michael. Wish he went by his middle name to make things easier, but it is Brito. I'd end up calling him "My Burrito" and that wouldn't be nice.
How long have you been married? Well...we had a commitment ceremony. It will be 2 years in May.
How long did you date? We dated for about 2 years before getting a home together. Then 1 more year before getting engaged, then 2 years after getting engaged before the commitment ceremony.
How old is he? 41
Who eats more sweets? Obviously it is me. He will buy a package of cookies, eat two, wait 3 weeks and go back to the pantry to eat 2 more. And he complains when they are all gone. If I am not on one of my "diets" I will polish off those cookies before the check written to buy the cookies ever gets to the bank.
Who said I love you first? He did. It was in the stairwell of what used to be "The Caravan Of Dreams" in Fort Worth, TX.
Who is taller? I am.
Who can sing better? Michael is the better singer. Doesn't mean he is a good singer, because my singing is downright awful.
Who is smarter? I am. (And he better not try to argue this point.)
Who does the laundry? We both do. He does probably more than me.
Who pays the bills? I do but we share all the bills.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.
Who mows the lawn? Do I really have to answer this question? I do. He claims he doesn't know how to use a weed-eater or edger. Plus, I am real particular on how we cut the lawn, and since we don't "fight" it's just easier to have me mow the lawn and complain that he doesn't.
Who cooks dinner? We try to split it since I am typically doing yoga during the week, but I tend to cook more. He buys "fast food" on his nights to cook.
Who drives? He drives to church, I drive whenever we go run errands or go out of town.
Who is more stubborn? We both are. I am more stubborn than he is.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me first.
Who asked who out first? He asked me out first.
Who proposed? I did. I got a maniquin hand and put a fake diamond ring on it with a bracelet that had beads that spelled out "Will You Marry Me" on it. It was in a hat box and he opened it on Valentines Day.
Who has more siblings? I do.
Who wears the pants? Uh...we're both gay men. We wear skorts.
Hope I made you smile! I did didn't I? C'mon...don't be shy. I know you smiled. If I gave you I.B.S. well, I do apologize.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I didn't know you were gay! By the way, you're grounded for whatever it was you did in high school that you shouldn't have done...I suppose that means you have to stay home from work tomorrow, so on second thought, you're ungrounded, but you have to buy something nice for your mother and promise not to misbehave again. Yeah, that should do it. So, you really are gay??? Okay, but you better not smoke anymore!
Michael - You really are hilarious. Your "my burrito" and "skorts" comments made me laugh out loud. Good thing I wasn't drinking or eating anything. Whew, that would be messy.
What is I.B.S.? I just hate it when people spell out words, and not just say it..........
So hilarious!
IBS = Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Post a Comment