Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Younger brother Jason


This is a picture of my younger brother Jason. And no, it isn’t me tying him up. I was able to talk my friend into doing it for me.

Happy Birthday Jason!

I promised not to tell anyone how old you are, so I won’t. Hard to believe that this is your last year in your twenties!

Can’t believe that my younger brother is so grown up now…well, kinda. I remember him as this little punk kid who had a cute smile, charming personality, and was such a good kid who loved Superman, He-Man, and The Smurfs.

Jason was the perfect younger brother. He was an older brothers dream come true. I was able to pick on him and tell him anything and he would believe me…until he got smarter and learned to talk.

One of my favorite memories that involved Jason was during church. I was a punk of about seventeen, which would of made Jason around eleven. To pass the time in church, we would pass notes to each other. Figuring that my brother would fall for this joke, I wrote on a piece of paper:

Say: Can I
And then spell out the word “cup” out loud.


So, in a whisper, he said “Can I C-U-P?”…then a little louder once he didn’t get it…"Can I C-U-P?”…

I was about to wet my Z. Cavarichi pants. Still not getting it, he decides to ask Dad, but in a louder voice that several rows heard: “Hey Dad! Can I C-U-P?

By this time, I do not believe I still had any control over my bladder and when Dad looked at me he gave me “the look” that no one liked. His head was lowered, his glasses pushed down his nose so his eyes could look at you without the glasses being in the way, and every wrinkle in his forehead showing. All it took was one word. “Michael!

It dawned on Jason what he was saying and he covered his mouth trying to stifle the laugh. I rushed out of the chapel and tackled anyone congregating in the hallway that obstructed my way to the bathroom.

About 2 weeks ago, we were at the same church for our nephews baptism. I passed him the same note. This time he got it.

Have a wonderful birthday Jason! Love you! Now, say: “Owa ta boo by em

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael

You spell good, but you count funny.......

Jason said...

To think, I am still able to show my face in public. How strange.
Thanks for the Love Michael, and for not letting me C-U-P

Kelly said...

I'm a little slow. I didn't get the C-U-P joke when you guys did it at the baptism. I'm a dork...

Anonymous said...

No wonder you guys were laughing and not being reverent. That's the Hayes Family. Happy Birthday Jason. Hope you had a great day!

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Happy birthday, Jason! I love this picture of you.