.jpg)
My younger sister, Chrissy has her birthday tomorrow, May 4th.
We were born 1 year and 5 months apart, so we've always been pretty close. Sometimes we would say we were twins. In school, she was one grade under me, but with my maturity level, she was always way ahead of me. Way ahead.
I’ve decided to share a couple of our “Brother/Sister” lessons we lived thru growing up. Hope ya’ll enjoy. If you don’t, well…sucks to be you. It's not your birthday.
Chrissy had long pretty hair at the young age of three. I took her into the bathroom with Mom’s scissors to have her cut some of my hair. It just didn’t look proper, and as a four-year old, I needed to look good. She had a hard time getting it to cut my hair, so like a good older brother who wanted to teach his sister something new, I showed her on her own head. Several inches of light brown ringlets fell to the cold linolium floor. I didn’t cut a lot off, just a few sections in the back of her head. Think of it at a slightly “layered” cut. Deciding that what I just did might get me in trouble, we planned on not letting Mom find out. Hiding the cut hair on the top of the trash in the bathroom trash can (yea, like Mom would NEVER find it) and fluffing her hair to hide the short spot, we went outside like nothing was wrong. Let me just end the story by saying:
1. Mom found the cut hair
2. Mom found out it was me who cut Chrissy’s hair
3. Mom found out that no matter how hard you spank my butt, my butt-crack won’t get pushed up to my ears.
4. I deserved to have my butt-crack pushed up to my ears
5. Chrissy forgave me for her first “layered” hairstyle
When the “Booby Fairy” started blessing Chrissy with little chubbies when she was in 4th grade, I was one of the first she told. Holding her rainbow striped shirt tight across her chest, she asked me if I could see it…and only one seemed to be growing at that current moment. When I said “no” she really wanted to prove that she was getting a boob and offered to show me. Uh, no, that’s okay. When I asked her how she told Mom, she got a twinkle in her eye when she said that she told Mom, “Hey Mom, I got tits.” She lied, but it sure made us laugh.
We weren’t allowed to say the word “butt” for some reason as little kids. So, Chrissy and I instead of saying “You are a butt!” would say “You are a circle with a line down the middle of it!” We couldn’t say the word, but would find interesting ways to explain our way around the word.
We both would walk to Modoc Junior High when we lived in Alturas, CA. There was a bus that could have picked us up and taken us, but as painfully awkward pre-teens, the bus ride with the pretty popular people was hell. Don’t shower us with sympathy, we lived thru it. Pimples and greasy hair parted down the middle and all that was a good lesson on self-acceptance we learned together. But, I enjoyed our walks to school, just talking and laughing. Chrissy has a cute laugh and would belt out a belly laugh and point at stupid people. And in a small ranch community filled with cousins marrying cousins, there were a lot of times I almost wet my Sears Brand Jeans before making it to school.
In high school, I always had crushes on almost any friend of Chrissy. She could almost always sense when I was planning my future wedding and kid’s names with one of her girl friends. I would tag along whenever they would hang out. I’d run for the phone to answer it when I thought it was my future wife calling for my sister. Never once did she tell me to leave them alone. But, I never did hook up with any of her friends…wonder if she knew something about me before I would admit it? Nah…her girl friends just didn’t have any interest in a guy with a mullet hairstyle that would stalk them.
Well Chrissy, hope you have a great birthday! I’m blessed to have you as one of my sisters.
Love,
Big Brother Michael
Aka Circle-With-A-Line-Down-The-Middle-Of-It Head
We were born 1 year and 5 months apart, so we've always been pretty close. Sometimes we would say we were twins. In school, she was one grade under me, but with my maturity level, she was always way ahead of me. Way ahead.
I’ve decided to share a couple of our “Brother/Sister” lessons we lived thru growing up. Hope ya’ll enjoy. If you don’t, well…sucks to be you. It's not your birthday.
Chrissy had long pretty hair at the young age of three. I took her into the bathroom with Mom’s scissors to have her cut some of my hair. It just didn’t look proper, and as a four-year old, I needed to look good. She had a hard time getting it to cut my hair, so like a good older brother who wanted to teach his sister something new, I showed her on her own head. Several inches of light brown ringlets fell to the cold linolium floor. I didn’t cut a lot off, just a few sections in the back of her head. Think of it at a slightly “layered” cut. Deciding that what I just did might get me in trouble, we planned on not letting Mom find out. Hiding the cut hair on the top of the trash in the bathroom trash can (yea, like Mom would NEVER find it) and fluffing her hair to hide the short spot, we went outside like nothing was wrong. Let me just end the story by saying:
1. Mom found the cut hair
2. Mom found out it was me who cut Chrissy’s hair
3. Mom found out that no matter how hard you spank my butt, my butt-crack won’t get pushed up to my ears.
4. I deserved to have my butt-crack pushed up to my ears
5. Chrissy forgave me for her first “layered” hairstyle
When the “Booby Fairy” started blessing Chrissy with little chubbies when she was in 4th grade, I was one of the first she told. Holding her rainbow striped shirt tight across her chest, she asked me if I could see it…and only one seemed to be growing at that current moment. When I said “no” she really wanted to prove that she was getting a boob and offered to show me. Uh, no, that’s okay. When I asked her how she told Mom, she got a twinkle in her eye when she said that she told Mom, “Hey Mom, I got tits.” She lied, but it sure made us laugh.
We weren’t allowed to say the word “butt” for some reason as little kids. So, Chrissy and I instead of saying “You are a butt!” would say “You are a circle with a line down the middle of it!” We couldn’t say the word, but would find interesting ways to explain our way around the word.
We both would walk to Modoc Junior High when we lived in Alturas, CA. There was a bus that could have picked us up and taken us, but as painfully awkward pre-teens, the bus ride with the pretty popular people was hell. Don’t shower us with sympathy, we lived thru it. Pimples and greasy hair parted down the middle and all that was a good lesson on self-acceptance we learned together. But, I enjoyed our walks to school, just talking and laughing. Chrissy has a cute laugh and would belt out a belly laugh and point at stupid people. And in a small ranch community filled with cousins marrying cousins, there were a lot of times I almost wet my Sears Brand Jeans before making it to school.
In high school, I always had crushes on almost any friend of Chrissy. She could almost always sense when I was planning my future wedding and kid’s names with one of her girl friends. I would tag along whenever they would hang out. I’d run for the phone to answer it when I thought it was my future wife calling for my sister. Never once did she tell me to leave them alone. But, I never did hook up with any of her friends…wonder if she knew something about me before I would admit it? Nah…her girl friends just didn’t have any interest in a guy with a mullet hairstyle that would stalk them.
Well Chrissy, hope you have a great birthday! I’m blessed to have you as one of my sisters.
Love,
Big Brother Michael
Aka Circle-With-A-Line-Down-The-Middle-Of-It Head
2 comments:
You have an amazing memory! Thanks for the laugh!
Love,
Your Oval-With-a-Slash Head Little Sister
I remember when Chrissy was two and I made her a long dress for church (Chrissy HATED dresses...actually she STILL hates dresses)and when we walked into church (a little tiny house sorta converted into a church)Michael was holding her hand and, even though he was shy and rarely spoke, he said very loudly and proudly, "LOOK AT MY SISTER IN HER NEW DRESS". I think he may have wanted me to make him one, too. Happy Birthday, Chrissy! You did look cute in your new dress.
Post a Comment